Setting up a grow room
Whether soil or hydroponics, indoors or out, greenhouse or warehouse, I am here to assist you in setting up a grow room using my many years of experience in Grow Room Design & Construction. We offer tons of FREE information on growing medical marijuana, hoping that someday the streets and marijuana dispensaries will be filled with only the best quality buds – bug, pest and mold free. Our Forums link is also a great place to find free advice and information. There are a few things to remember when setting up a Grow Room, like knowing how many grow lights, how much electricity and how many plants you can grow in the size room you have. Other things like overhead costs (chemicals, electricity, water, supplies etc etc..) also need to be taken into consideration. Safety and Security is something else to take into consideration. If you have a disability and are in need of a handicapaccessible grow room, we are here to help.
Prior to Setting Up A Grow Room
Prior to setting up a grow room you need to be able to make a blueprint and figure out everything that is needed to be successful. If you are growing in a residential area, try to find a home with a basement as the temperature stays perfect all year. Also make sure you understand how much electricity you have to run your room on, avoiding fires and disaster. Make sure there is proper plumbing or make sure to use an mmj friendly plumber to set up your plumbing system so you don’t have to worry about hauling water up and down stairs. When using a warehouse, assuming it is legal, your main concern is safety and security from thieves and pests, as electricity and plumbing are not an issue. The Weed Scene is the ONLY place on the web that offers all of the info needed for FREE!
What NOT to Have in your Grow Room
Setting up A Grow Room- step-by-step
- Choose your location and calculate the materials and costs suing your square footage and make a blueprint.
- Make sure the room is clear of anything that you will not use. (furniture, curtains, carpet, junk etc). Enclose the room if its not already.
- Using a reflective material like Mylar or flat white paint, cover the walls for the maximum light energy.
- Set up vent fans, intake fans and exhaust fans including carbon filters for controlling odors.
- Install plumbing and electricity if its not already there. I prefer to run a separate 100 amp sub panel and use utility sinks.
- Remove all carpet. Having a concrete floor is best for water issues. Installing a floor drain will make life easy!
- Install hardware for lights, light movers and ballasts. Use hooks and anchors strong enough to hold the weight of these items. Then install lights and ballasts.
- Whether Hydroponics or Soil, set up the hydro systems or soil pots making sure to leave enough room for you to move around and work in there.
Short Video on Setting up a Medical Marijuana Grow Room in a basement of a residential home.